Tuesday, January 27, 2015

‘Only Fools and Boycie’ – An evening with John Challis

John Challis AKA ‘Boycie’ from the hit TV show ‘Only Fools and Horses’ is coming to Kettering.


Challis will be performing at the Masque Theatre as part of his popular tour ‘Only Fools and Boycie’ this Friday night, 30th January.

The 72-year-old actor describes the show as an “interactive experience”.

The show has been on for nearly a year now, with the Unity Theatre, Liverpool describing it as “a fascinating evening of insight and anecdote”.

The Only Fools and Horses star’s book: ‘Being Boycie’ has been out for 4 years now but is still selling really well.

“When I do the show, they are on sale. If a customer wishes to purchase one I can personally dedicate it to them on that evening” Challis said.

“The end of the evening is a sort-of Q&A where the audience can ask me questions which I really like. Then I scoot out the back and meet everyone who wants a picture to be taken.”

Despite being on tour, Challis has still been performing elsewhere as he performed in a ‘Jack and the beanstalk’ pantomime in Plymouth a few months ago.

He said: “It was with Bobby Davro and the famous Chico, it was a great show.

“He’s [Chico] great isn’t he? He’s a really positive guy and the girls love him when he takes his shirt and he does that!

"It helped that he was a fan of the show, he was delighted to be working with the Boycie character and it always makes me warm to people that enjoy something that I do.”

Although Challis has performed at the Masque Theatre before, he admitted: "I must get there early this time so I can have a good look-around."

When asked if he had another tour up his sleeve, he didn’t rule it out saying: “I’m always looking for possibilities.

“Having published books myself, I’m always looking for opportunities to tell them to people.

“I just really enjoy telling stories, I’m not a comedian but I do enjoy telling stories.”

If you want to book a ticket to see ‘Only Fools and Boycie’ you still can on: http://tinyurl.com/m9f2chp.
If you can’t make it, you can see his upcoming tours on: http://www.wigmorebooks.com/events.php


Buy an autographed ‘Being Boycie’ book here: http://www.wigmorebooks.com/being-boycie.php

By Joe Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment