Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Poppies' Ogbonna linked with move to Luton Town

Image: SL10.ng

KETTERING Town forward Dubi Ogbonna has said leaving the club is the 'last thing on his mind', despite interest from Luton Town.


The 23-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Sky Bet League Two outfit.

Hatters' manager, John Still, was spotted at Latimer Park during the 5-0 demolition of St Ives Town earlier this season.

Nigerian-born Ogbonna said: "I joined Kettering because they have ambition and I want to move up the football ladder with them.

"But if an offer comes then it's something I would have to sit down and consider as I want to play as high as I can.

"I don't think it's a case of I will leave for any team higher in the league, I think it would have to be a Football League side.

"If something came up we would all sit down and decide but leaving Kettering is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

However, when asked about the interest from Luton Town, he said: "It's certainly something I would consider."

Ogbonna, who has scored 11 times this season, has previously attracted interest from Peterborough United and Northampton Town.

A source with-in the club revealed that Oxford United and Cambridge City have also sent scouts to watch the forward play this season.

By Stephen Matthews










No comments:

Post a Comment